I noticed that the one post I've made on my blog didn't really tell you anything about me. So I've decided to tell you more about me and my life and stuff.
1. I have a 16-year-old sister named Auburn. She is going to be a junior in the fall and takes AP classes and is an editor for the school newspaper and has a lot of friends and isn't as annoying as you might think. We pretty much just stay out of each other's way and because of this, things are pretty smooth between us. Her biggest problems with me right now are a) the fact that I'm literally always listening to music and walking around the house singing, and b) that I'll be a freshman in the fall, which means I'll be in high school with her and my brother, and I might embarrass her.
2. I also have a 15-year-old brother named Adam. He is going to be a sophomore in the fall and is on the soccer team and has a good number of friends and is apparently exceptionally good-looking and isn't as annoying as you might think, either. We don't have to stay out of each other's way as much as me and Auburn do, because we get along better, but we both kind of have our own lives so we just mind our own business. He doesn't really have any problems with me right now, but since school is over and we'll be cooped up together for the summer, I'm sure some problem will come up sooner or later.
3. My mom works a lot (she has two full-time jobs; one from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. and one from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.) so she isn't around as much as other moms. But that doesn't stop her from laying down rules and assigning chores and setting curfews and stuff for us. A lot of people assume that since my mom is a single mom, she can't do much for us and that we're just neglected kids. But my mom actually takes really good care of us and stays calm and doesn't yell much and makes sure we have what we need. I actually think she's better at what she does than some of the moms I know who have husbands and grandmas and nannies to help them out.
4. My dad and mom divorced right after I was born. This was when Auburn was 2-years-old and Adam was still just a baby, so none of us remember him much. It doesn't matter to me. I'm used to having just a mom and I don't have a grudge against my dad for not staying or anything. People usually expect me to get really mad or sad about my dad leaving, so they act really nervous whenever the subject is brought up, but like I said it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe Adam needs a dad to have another guy in the house or something but my mom is enough for me.
5. I don't have very many friends...I mostly hang out with guys because it is just less drama and because they're easier to talk to. If a girl gets mad at you, she never really tells you what she's mad about and just spends a year giving you the Evil Eye and ignoring you and being all cliquish and stuff. If a guy gets mad at you, he just says so and you apologize and it's over. See how much easier that is? But a lot of people from my middle school are going to a different high school next year, including all of my friends, so I think I'll be a loner in 9th grade. Who cares?
Whoa, this is really long...but at least you know more about me now and I'll tell you even more about me tomorrow.
1. I have a 16-year-old sister named Auburn. She is going to be a junior in the fall and takes AP classes and is an editor for the school newspaper and has a lot of friends and isn't as annoying as you might think. We pretty much just stay out of each other's way and because of this, things are pretty smooth between us. Her biggest problems with me right now are a) the fact that I'm literally always listening to music and walking around the house singing, and b) that I'll be a freshman in the fall, which means I'll be in high school with her and my brother, and I might embarrass her.
2. I also have a 15-year-old brother named Adam. He is going to be a sophomore in the fall and is on the soccer team and has a good number of friends and is apparently exceptionally good-looking and isn't as annoying as you might think, either. We don't have to stay out of each other's way as much as me and Auburn do, because we get along better, but we both kind of have our own lives so we just mind our own business. He doesn't really have any problems with me right now, but since school is over and we'll be cooped up together for the summer, I'm sure some problem will come up sooner or later.
3. My mom works a lot (she has two full-time jobs; one from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. and one from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.) so she isn't around as much as other moms. But that doesn't stop her from laying down rules and assigning chores and setting curfews and stuff for us. A lot of people assume that since my mom is a single mom, she can't do much for us and that we're just neglected kids. But my mom actually takes really good care of us and stays calm and doesn't yell much and makes sure we have what we need. I actually think she's better at what she does than some of the moms I know who have husbands and grandmas and nannies to help them out.
4. My dad and mom divorced right after I was born. This was when Auburn was 2-years-old and Adam was still just a baby, so none of us remember him much. It doesn't matter to me. I'm used to having just a mom and I don't have a grudge against my dad for not staying or anything. People usually expect me to get really mad or sad about my dad leaving, so they act really nervous whenever the subject is brought up, but like I said it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe Adam needs a dad to have another guy in the house or something but my mom is enough for me.
5. I don't have very many friends...I mostly hang out with guys because it is just less drama and because they're easier to talk to. If a girl gets mad at you, she never really tells you what she's mad about and just spends a year giving you the Evil Eye and ignoring you and being all cliquish and stuff. If a guy gets mad at you, he just says so and you apologize and it's over. See how much easier that is? But a lot of people from my middle school are going to a different high school next year, including all of my friends, so I think I'll be a loner in 9th grade. Who cares?
Whoa, this is really long...but at least you know more about me now and I'll tell you even more about me tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment